Note: Due to certain statutory regulations governing Charitable Gift Annuities in the state of Hawaii, PCRM is unable to offer gift annuities to its supporters living in that state. We welcome you to contact us to discuss other legacy gifts that best match your charitable intentions.
Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is a simple agreement between you and the Physicians Committee. In exchange for a gift of cash or appreciated assets, you receive fixed payments for life.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to the Physicians Committee. Our minimum suggested gift requirement is $10,000.
- The Physicians Committee pays you, yourself and a spouse, or any two beneficiaries you name, fixed payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 70 years of age at the time of the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to PCRM when the contract ends.
- Receive more income for your money because of higher rates.
- Receive dependable cash-flow for life, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- In many cases, receive payments at a rate higher than the interest you are currently receiving on investments.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free for a number of years.
- Are you a younger donor? Consider a deferred gift annuity.